article banner
Japan Tax Bulletin

Withholding on royalties paid to Nonresidents or Foreign Corporations

When royalties are paid to nonresidents or foreign corporations,
withholding tax is generally imposed on the income. The withholding tax on such royalties, may be reduced or exempted by applying a tax treaty, but there are some points that require attention regarding the application and procedures.

(Download PDF) [ 384 kb ]